Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So it seems



So it seems like I've decided to stay in Singapore, get a job then carry on with my MBA when I'm probably 23 or 24. I've spent the last two months deliberating this thought and honestly, I am bumped to an extent that I'm not going to the UK just yet but I know being home would not only bring a peace of mind but also a financial break for my parents.

I remember saying this before, but I'm glad that I have parents who are always a 1000 percent behind me in everything I do. I have contributed my fair share of disappointments. Even through all that, they never gave up hope on me. In a way, it is good to be home. Then, there's Sean going away too. He's leaving for Liverpool this weekend and he'll be there for a good jolly four years. This distance will surely put a strain on our relationship but at least we always have the holidays to look forward to. Don't get me wrong, my sole mission wasn't to go the UK to be with Sean, it really was a bonus, even if Southampton is four hours away from Liverpool by train. You have to comprehend this. Through thick and thin, teenage angst bad or worse, we've somehow always managed to be there for one another. He's pretty much my best friend with emotional benefits haha. Without a doubt, I love Sean even though we still argue over every trivial thing as if we're 15. And whilst I'm doing a tad of soul searching here, I believe he'll always have a special place in my heart, as I believe I will be given that similar grace. One day, if we don't end up together, I'm sure we'll still be great friends. We'll probably weigh our every word on all the sarcasm left in the world then. Re-tabulating, the odds don't look that bad for now, do they?

So there, in two paragraphs I've summed up a credible amount of my primary thoughts.

All in good time, I'm off to take a cat nap. An afternoon spent shopping has clearly worn me out. If I don't get to blog in time before I leave for a short break, I'll see you from Perth!

Because graduation is your last chance to reconcile with what seems like yesterday when really, all is almost forgotten.


x

D

No comments: